I’m Mark K. Mellis. My Information Security consulting practice draws on my experience in Cloud-based services, Networking, IT Operations, and System Software Development. I have been working in the field since before the Morris Worm swept over the nascent Internet, and I’ve advised hundreds of organizations in the healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, web, and education spaces. I’ve served angel-funded Silicon Valley startups and Fortune 100 corporations, premier educational organizations and national laboratories.
I employ a business-first, cost-effective, no-nonsense philosophy, and advocate a repeatable, metrics-based assessment approach grounded in standards such as the NIST Risk Management Framework and ISO-27000. I believe that success in Information Security results from consistent, measurable, repeatable effort applied over the long term.
If you need assistance in Information Security, or Cybersecurity as it is sometimes called, I would be honored to discuss your requirements with you. Please don’t hesitate to contact me.
- Enterprise security program development and management
- Product security program development and management
- Application and infrastructure security assessment, risk management, and remediation
- Interdisciplinary troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
More detailed information about my qualifications and experience is available in my LinkedIn profile.